THE STYLE LAB : MILITARY CHIC

8:17 PM


Our Style Lab series continues with a focus on iconic staples, with a slight militant twist.  The shirt dress is classic, returns season after season, and this time 'round it's all about the reinvention of olive - and I like it.  Watch this space for more olive in our upcoming Style Labs.

Military made a strong return to fashion this Fall and is a sublime pairing with the juxtaposition of gleaming gold. Let's break it down...


I love this dress, and I love the every season color it is.  A shirt dress is a no fail throw-it-on and look put together situation. (You don't even have to be tall, thank goodness) Heels, flats, boots, sandals - you name it, it all works with the shirtdress.

Last summer, I purchased a white shirtdress and I received many compliments on it.  I may have to add this particular one to my arsenal of workhorse dresses, it is so good.  I can imagine it in constant rotation in your wardrobe straight through Winter by adding tights, scarves, blazers and pops of Gray and/or Marsala.  Think pattern, fun accessories and pops of seasonal color.

Alexis Kletjian Custom Gold Bangles shown in varying widths

My classic gold bangles, of course.  You knew this.


Dear Santa, I would like this cross body Gucci bag

I will admit, I am coveting this bag for myself.  It's a staple and I would use it year-round.  Someone send this link to my husband, pretty please.  I unintentionally took jewelry as a gift off the table with the creation of my own line.  Surely, he will need a gift for me at some point, right?  Although it is pricey, the good news is black and gold is so classic, you may swap out with any bag for a variety of budgets.  In particular, I am coveting the cross body styles so I can go hands free!


Alexis Kletjian Lucky Star Diamond Mini Shields in Yellow Gold 

My gold Lucky Star mini shields, layered.  I love to wear a few at a time at different lengths.  Yours can be customized in your birthstone or gemstone of choice.  Collect them one at a time, or purchase in multiples for double the luck ;)



And a sleek black nail from Chanel, or your favorite cosmetic company, keeps it all en vogue and wraps up yet another STYLE LAB series!  I hope you enjoyed it, there are more to come.

Visit our first STYLE LAB here

Happy Styling ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments